Thursday, March 27, 2014

Writing: Labor Cost Comparison

Did you ever wonder why so much things are "Made in China"? From clothes to little items that I can't even name them because I am pretty sure that everyone here has interacted with goods manufactured by China. Anyway, this made me think about what I am buying and how it affects the price and quality, to a degree, of the things I purchase.

There's a saying that goes:
You get what you pay for.
This is true to a degree because the money you pay gives budget to the manufacturers of the product meaning the more they charge for labor cost, the better they can pay their laborers and therefore have higher quality product.

Here's a table for you to get a perspective on how much difference there are in labor costs in a few cases.
Source: U.S. Department of Labor. *From what I understand, Hourly Compensation includes the hourly pay, benefits, and social insurances.
The figures were gathered from a couple to about a few years ago but it is probable that the costs have only gone up a bit. Well there's the comparison. I just wanted to share with you guys the table so that you'd get a better idea of what exactly the difference is. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment